(last updated : May 23th 2013)
In France, Marseille
is the second largest city and the oldest, it was founded around 600 BC
by Greek sailors from Phocaea under the name of Massalia. Mediterranean
crossroads of civilizations, its population is cosmopolitan. This year, Marseille is the European capital of culture, you can easily enjoy all the events located in the city center during the period of the conference.
The conference is hosted by Aix Marseille University
(AMU), its history dates back to the nineteenth century. The various
components of the university are spread over several geographical
sites, mainly in the cities of Marseille and Aix en Provence. The conference will be held in the amphitheater of Natural Sciences, in the administrative campus of Faculty of Sciences (see Map).
Faculté des Sciences — AMU, 3 Place Victor Hugo (nearby the railways station "Saint Charles")
The city of Marseille is quite well served by public transport (bus, tramway and metro). Keep in mind that a single ticket can be used for one hour for a travel in the same direction with changes of means of transportation (bus, metro, tramway).
order to make substantial savings on the cost of traveling to
Marseille, know that this city can be reached by direct flights
(without passing through Paris) and several low cost companies serve
this destination. We invite you to view information about the web page
of airport : Marseille-Provence Airport. From the airport, take the bus shuttle to Marseille (every 20 minutes from 4:30 to 23:30, the
travel lasts about 30 minutes, the price is about 9 €). Hence, you will
arrive at "gare Saint-Charles", which is also a railway station, and
from there you will easily reach your hotel by taxi or subway (we will
help you if needed).
are free to book the hotel of their choice (accorhotels, Booking.com, Expedia,
but the ones that have agreements with
conference are listed here after. They were selected on the basis of a
good quality/price ratio, among those with a reasonable price. Most of
them are located within a short distance of the conference site (which
can be covered on foot, but do not hesitate to take the subway). The
booking procedure for these hotels will be sent after that you will
suggestions are grouped so that
can choose according to your requirements on the location, the cost and
(hotel or aparthotel) [the number corresponds to
the distance from the conference site in km]. The maps of the area of
your hotel and of the corresponding metro station can be downloaded.
The following hotels are within walking distance from the terminal of the bus shuttle.
Close to the conference site : an area (a bit ugly but) practical and cheap.
- [0.3] Resid'home : 10, boulevard Charles Nedelec 13001 Marseille | email@example.com, tel : +33 (0)4 91 88 80 80 | Map1
- [0.4] Adagio Access : 23 rue Honnorat 13003 Marseille | H8420@adagio-city.com, tel : +33 (0)4 91 07 55 00 | Map1
The following hotels can be easly reached by Metro and are within walking distance from the Metro station.
Close to the "Vieux Port" : tourist atmosphere.
Close to the "Cours Julien" : youthful atmosphere.
- [1.0] Adagio Marseille République : 30 rue Trinquet 13002 Marseille | H7525@adagio-city.com, tel : +33 (0)4 96 11 67 00 |Map1, Map2, M-Station
- [1.3] Hôtel Bellevue : 34 Quai du port 13002 Marseille | firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : +33 (0)4 96 17 05 40 |Map2, Map, M-Station
- [1.3] Hôtel la Résidence du Vieux Port : 18 quai du port 13002 Marseille | email@example.com, tel : +33 (0)4 91 91 91 22 |Map2, Map, M-Station
- [1.4] Hotel Escale Oceania : 5 La Canebière 13001 Marseille | firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : +33(0)4 91 90 61 61 |Map2, Map, M-Station
- [1.6] Hôtel Alizé : 35 Quai des Belges 13001 Marseille | email@example.com, tel : +33 (0)4 91 33 66 97 |Map2, Map, M-Station
- [2.0] Etap Hotel Marseille Vieux Port : 46 rue Sainte 13001 Marseille | H2575@accor.com, tel : +33(0)8 92 68 05 82 |Map3, Map, M-Station, Map, M-Station
- [2.5] Résidence Universitaire Sylvabelle (CROUS) : 109 rue Sylvabelle 13006 Marseille | firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : +33(0)4 91 64 41 73 | |Map3, Map, M-Station
- [1.9] Mama Shelter : 64 rue de la Loubière, 13006 Marseille | email@example.com, tel : +33 (0)4 84 35 20 00| Map, M-Station
Close to the "Place Castellane" : center town.
- [3.1] Citadines Castellane Marseille : 60 rue du Rouet 13006 Marseille | firstname.lastname@example.org, tel : +33 (0)4 96 20 12 06| Map, M-Station
- [3.4] ResidHotel : Allée Turcat Mery / 7 Square des frères Ambrogiani 13008 Marseille | tel : +33 (0)4 91 17 70 50, fax : +33 (0)4 91 80 29 37| Map, M-Station