- Overview of bouncing models
Requirements for a successful bounce
- Ekpyrotic and cyclic scenarios
- Non singular models in string theory
- Singular models
- Model zoology
Cosmological perturbations in the bouncing case
- Cosmological puzzle resolution
- The question of shear & the BKL instability
- The ekpyrotic phase
A worked-out model
- Viability of perturbations in a contracting universe
- A scale-invariant spectrum?
- Tensor-to-scalar ratio
- Non gaussianities
- Quantum cosmology, Wheeler De Witt and the minisuperspace
- Bouncing perfect fluid cosmology
- Perturbations & predictions for the observations.
to inflationary cosmology have been proposed over the years that almost
all involve, in one form or another, a phase of contraction followed by
a bounce connecting to our currently expanding universe. These models
often need to face theoretical difficulties and predict observable
consequences at odd with the available data. In these lectures, I will
present the necessary ingredients of a working alternative-to-inflation
model, discuss their implementation in terms of field or string theory
and examine the above mentioned difficulties. I will try and expose
some recent ideas based on quantum cosmology within the framework of
which a more satisfactory construction could be done.
- "The Matter Bounce Alternative to Inflationary Cosmology"
R. H. Brandenberger - arXiv:1206.4196
- "Cosmology without inflation"
P. Peter & N. Pinto-Neto, Phys. Rev. D 78, 063506 (2008) - arXiv:0809.2022
- "Primordial cosmology"
P. Peter & J.-P. Uzan, - Oxford University Press (2013)