November 12 - 18, 2017 — IESC,
The CMB from A to Z
challenges of the CMB as a cosmological probe
Physics & Astronomy Dept. G. Galilei, University of Padova
- Non-Gaussianity in the initial conditions
- Primordial non-Gaussianity and the CMB
- Primordial non-Gaussianity and the LSS of the Universe
- Open issues on non-Gaussianity
will present the physical mechanisms that can generate primordial
non-Gaussianity (PNG) during inflation. I'll then discuss the
conseqences of PNG in the CMB anisotropy pattern and the statistical
estimators used to detect/constrain it. Aspects of PNG search in
the LSS of the Universe will also be discussed. Finally, I'll mention
some non-trivial issues on the observability of PNG signatures in
- P.A.R. Ade et al. [Planck Collaboration],
``Planck 2015 results. XVII. Constraints on primordial non-Gaussianity,''
Astron. Astrophys. 594, A17 (2016)
- N. Bartolo, E. Komatsu, S. Matarrese and A. Riotto,
``Non-Gaussianity from inflation: Theory and observations,''
Phys. Rept. 402, 103 (2004)
- V. Desjacques, D. Jeong and F. Schmidt,
``Large-Scale Galaxy Bias,''
- S. Matarrese and L. Verde,
``The effect of primordial non-Gaussianity on halo bias,''
Astrophys. J. 677, L77 (2008)