School of Astroparticle Physics
27th - June 1st, 2013
OHP, Saint Michel l'Observatoire
Transients in wide field optical surveys
Laboratoire physique nucléaire et hautes énergies (LPNHE)
|d…Transients in wide field optical surveys
- Optical transients: a few examples
- Wide field Optical Survey: past and present
- Methods and main issues in optical transient detection
- CCD: the key of the success
- Transient detection: image analysis and method
- Transient identification: Light curve and optical spectra
- Toward a continuous survey of the visible sky
- Alert network
- LSST, wider, deeper, faster and more homogeneous: the future of transient detection by wide field imaging camera.
the 90’s , the spatial and temporal sky mapping is improving strongly.
If the first goal has been to improve the volume and quality of the
universe map, the time dimension of these surveys, thanks to the
technical progress in wide field imaging cameras, is taking off today.
This instrumental and observational revolution is associated to an
unprecedented ramp-up of the optical transient detection.